“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Monday, May 11, 2009

Trust in the Lord

I should have expected it, I should have seen it coming... satan. When God wants to use me satan wants to kill, steal, and destroy me. And he almost did it, thankfully I just remembered that my Awesome Savior has complete power over satan, and my Savior is my rock, and he will not let satan get a foothold on this opportunity. Satan has tried to bring discouragement into this whole situation, and that just isn't cool. So I am deciding to trust in my God. Proverbs 3:5-6 came to mind a little earlier today when I was getting discouraged it, but I pushed it aside. I just looked it up a minute ago, and let me share what is before and after those 2 verses!

 1 My son [daughter], do not forget my teaching, 
       but keep my commands in your heart,

 2 for they will prolong your life many years 
       and bring you prosperity.

 3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you; 
       bind them around your neck, 
       write them on the tablet of your heart.

 4 Then you will win favor and a good name 
       in the sight of God and man.

 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart 
       and lean not on your own understanding;

 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, 
       and he will make your paths straight. a]" style="font-size: 0.75em; line-height: 0.5em; ">[a]

 7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; 
       fear the LORD and shun evil [satan].

 8 This will bring health to your body 
       and nourishment to your bones.


This is not about me, this is about humbling myself before the Lord and letting him use me in whatever way He pleases. What a joy to serve an awesome God. I need to stop thinking about me and remember who my God is and trust Him and then He will direct me and make my paths straight. :) 


No comments: