So Thanksgiving in Panama is not as bad as I thought it was gonna be... yet it is still hard. I am so unbelievably thankful for my family. They are so awesome.. which makes it extra hard to be away from them. They are so supportive in everything that I have chosen to do and am praying about doing. They are the source of many smiles and laughter while in a different country. Being in a different country is totally different than I thought it would be. It's hard and good all at the same time. This DTS in a whole has been very hard but also very good. I am so thankful that I decided to do this.. and that God provided the way for me to come. He has stretched me in many different ways. With just 2 weeks left in this DTS I am reminded how much I have learned, how much I have changed, and how awesome God is. Despite the fact that I miss home and my family like crazy, God is still good. He has provided me with my "YWAM family" and last night we had an awesome Thanksgiving meal. I had probably one of the best turkeys ever, followed with all sorts of awesomeness. I was very thankful for my skirt that has ajustable buttons so it could grow with my belly last night after my 4 or 5 platefuls. Anyways, this blog is a bunch of ramblings, but needless to say I am thankful.
My Top 10 Thankful List:
1. Awesome parents that support me in everything.
2. A beautiful twin sister who somehow allowed me to be away for 5 months.
3. My awesome brother who I miss so much.
4. My entire family!
5. My YWAM family, who has been here for me this past 5 months in each situation that I have come to face.
6. New friendships that are lifelong and ones that I will never forget.
7. The beautiful sceneary I am surrounded with.
8. My DTS group.. I love each of you more than you know and am so thankful to be able to spend a season of our lives together.
9. Laughter- how would I get through life without it?
10. My amazing, awesome, wonderful, faithful and mind blowing Savior! He provided my every need, He is constant, He is the best thing that has happened to me.
Happy Thanksgiving from Panama!