“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Friday, December 2, 2011

Hurtful Words

I realized a few things tonight. For the past few months I have not been myself, or I have not been the best version of myself. I blame it on no one but myself. Truth: You decide how happy/ fulfilled/ and awesome your life is. Circumstances don't define it. Your attitude and choices do. I reaLized that I allowed someone to define me. I allowed this one persons hurtful words to mold my life. The words cut me to the core speaking directly to my fears. fears of being too young, not good enough, and never being able to be "make the cut". The words that were spoken didn't come out like that word for word. But they cut me to the core... And I allowed them to form an infected wound. Instead of standing on God's words about me- I allowed someone else's words to rule my life. Tonight- I believe that the Lord spoke to me. He told me that He would bring me through the fire and into the rain. And that He had my heart in mind. And He does. He believes in me, He doesn't see the age of 21 as a hinderence. He chooses me and wants to use me. Don't allow someone's words that have cut you down to shape who you become. Decide who you want to be... And be! You can be totally awesome and the best version of yourself if you choose to. Hold your chin up, and keep marching forward.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So good, Bren! "Decide who you want to be and BE." Timeless words of wisdom. Love you!