“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Monday, September 7, 2009

Pura Vida

Costa Rica was absolutely amazing... that country is so beautiful. (We were in Talemanca and Bambu, Costa Rica.) I love Costa Rica! I am pretty sure that I have said that so many times since we have gotten back to Panama. I was able to see a lot of the beauty of Costa Rica; the mountains, rivers, jungle, ocean, and so much more. I am so amazed at the beauty of that country. I think it's going into my second favorite country slot. :) My Niko was so good for me, stretched me in a lot of areas that needed to be stretched. I can't tell you all the details but I can tell you that I would love to see a group from home do a Niko. Part of the Niko is that you don't know anything before you do it. So... you'll just have to trust me that it is a very good and challenging week. The days before and after the Niko in Costa Rica were so much fun- this fun included a WARM SHOWER. Yep... got to take my first warm shower... it was glorious. Hot showers will be heaven.. I am completely convinced... and they will never run out of hott water either. We also went to Puerto Viejo- which is a touristy spot- with a BEAUTIFUL ocean. One downer from the trip is that quite a few people from our group got sick.. including myself. Stomach aches and frequent trips to the restroom. Our group got to know each other a lot this week... haha. But- God is good and so is life. Pura Vida. Pure Life-- is a common saying in Costa Rica.... I think I am going to adapt that phrase as well. Chow.

P.S.-- 95 more days ;)

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

95 days!? That's crazy! I'm glad to hear you had a good time in Costa Rica! You are in my prayers! A missionary kid at my college said that every time she sees a penny on the ground, she prays for a missionary, because a penny is "One Cent" and a missionary is "One Sent by God" haha.. it reminded me of you. Congrats on the warm shower, and I hope you continue to have clarity and discernment as you start planning for your mission trip! God Bless! 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 was of great encouragement to me this morning! May you be blessed as you consider the power of God!