“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Greater.

     There is something greater inside of you. Not better. But greater. Pastor Steven recently released an amazing book, "Greater" and it is ruining complacency in my life. It is a book that calls potential out. Kicks "good enough" right on out of your life. And gives you the courage and biblical principles to walk it out in life. For the releasing of his new book we're doing an entire series on Greater at Elevation. Pastor Steven is preaching sermons that will change your life if you implement the practical steps. The subtitle to Greater is "Dream Bigger. Start Smaller. Ignite God's vision for your life." And it's incredibly true. Small steps will pave the path to Greater.
     Dream Big. But you have to start small. I've always dreamt of these huge dreams where I'm the super star. But somewhere in those dreams I never matched up the work to go with it. How crazy am I? I've always wanted to be an author... but I haven't been writing. I've always wanted to speak and teach, but I'm hardly making time for God to speak and teach me personally. How could I teach others? Small steps are big steps in God's eyes. Every step forward in obedience to God is monumental.
     I want the glamor- but what I need to do is put on a bandana and start digging ditches and prepare for God to send the rain. This series is hitting home in my heart. It's causing uncomfortableness- because I know that God is calling me to do what I am doing in a greater way- but I'm going to have to put the work in it to make it such.
     Tonight Pastor talked about how God is not our shortcut- He's our solution. I need to quit looking at God as an excuse for not doing anything. I'm not "waiting on God".... I'm being lazy. You change the world by getting your hands dirty. Tonight, I felt a tug on my heart to start taking those small steps. And to push towards a greater life. (Not better, greater.)

If you would like to listen to the sermons visit www.elevationchurch.org and click on "Current Sermon". You can also listen to past sermons as well. And you can pick up Pastor's book anywhere!

No comments: