“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Freedom Bringers

     I realized something today about people in my life. I am surrounded by talented, gifted, anointed, creative, intelligent, and amazing individuals. They set the standard high in my life. They make me want to be a better person. Some of them make me want to be a better person out of fear. I fear failure. I fear that they won't like me if I mess up. I fear rejection if I don't measure up. And I end up living life around them walking on eggshells trying to people please. But then, there are a special group of people in my life that give me the freedom to be all that God has created me to be.
     There presence doesn't frighten me. It actually encourages me. They don't have to say a word and I know they are rooting for me- even if I fail. Their authenticity allows me to be open and honest about my weaknesses and mistakes. Their boldness allows me to be excited about victories in my life.
     When I am in an area of leadership and I'm vocally the one leading- these people are the ones who are watching with love in their eyes. I know that they believe in me, and they don't even say a word. I know that they aren't reading into every word I say looking for failure, but they are silently encouraging me to be bold, courageous, and passionate.
     They allow me to be passionate. They allow me to be obedient. They allow me to be me. They bring freedom.


     I now have to ask myself if I am the kind of person that scares people into being a better person, or if I am a person that brings freedom for my friends & peers to walk out who God created them to be.


     I also can't leave out that Christ came to bring us freedom. He died on the cross and rose again so we could live in freedom. Freedom of guilt, shame, and sin. He came to bring us life. Not a life lived in fear. But a life lived in confidence. Confidence in the one who created us. Confidence in the One who created us: our gifts, our uniqueness, our passions, our heart, and our desires. He's our biggest fan. He's the best freedom bringer.

No comments: