“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Week 2

PANAMA!
Not such a great picture, but still shows the beauty of Panama.
This is my friend Katie and I on the bus- that was extremely hot our first Sunday here!
I have been here for 2 weeks and that blows my mind.. I am so blessed to be here and to be learning the things I am learning. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to spend 5 months getting to know God... I love it. I never have taken the time to get to know him. He was just a thing on my to-do list. Yes, I had a personal relationship with him... but I didn't know him like I know Chelsea or any other of my friends or family members. And part of knowing God is knowing yourself. Which is exactly what I am beginning to learn... who I am. No one is here to tell me what to believe, I am put into a place where I have to know what I stand for as a Christian and as a follower of the Most High. I started with a clean slate with the people in my DTS group- the only thing they knew about me was that I was called to YWAM Panama.. so I am having to find where I stand on certain subjects. I am also the youngest one, which I enjoy, so I am learning from people with experience- they have been through being 18 and making life decisions.. what a blessing it is to learn from them. I am challenged to live a life of excellence... which is what God has called each of us to. Any sin that is in my life is holding me back from being as close to my Savior as possible. I am still uncovering years of "little" and "big" sin that I always justified. It is most definitely an experience. Thank you for your prayers and for supporting me. I pray that as I am challenged that you to will be challenged. We are ALL called to live lives of example and excellence.  

Another thing that I am learning is faith. We are reading through the New Testament while doing our DTS- and I started Matthew yesterday- I forgot all of the stories of Jesus healing the sick, the lepors, the blind, the demon possessed. And it was their faith that amazed me, I can't say that I have that kind of faith- which I am  ashamed because I should. I want faith like that- that's my prayer as I write this blog. 


I'll end this blog with some song lyrics that have spoken to me:


Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades

Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame

my heart and my soul, Lord I give you control

Consume me from the inside out Lord

Let justice and praise become my embrace

To love You from the inside out








1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Brennen, it is good to hear from you, and see pictures even! I am thrilled to hear that God is working in your life, and that you are getting to know Him more. I pray that He will reveal himself to you as you continue to seek Him. Many of us back home are preparing for college, and when I consider where all my friends are and where they will be, I always remember you in Panama. I'm convinced that God is and will keep amazing you these next few months! I've been studying Psalm 23 these past few days; even though it's a popular, well-known Psalm, it speaks volumes when it comes to our relationship with God. I pray it is an encouragement to you! Have a great day, Brennen! God Bless!