“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Monday, May 10, 2010

Stories.

     Last night, I was watching Slum-dog Millionaire, and Friday night I watched Vantage Point. Both movies brought something to my attention. Perspective and Stories. Everyone has a different perspective of a certain event. And everyone has their own story. I am completely amazed at this. And it intrigues me to listen to people's stories more often. To hear where they came from, where they are now, what makes their heart beat fast, where they live, what their morals are, what their non negotiable's in life are, you know all of that good stuff.
     I am a wonderful talker. I can talk to anyone for hours. Now- to get me to listen is another story. I will admit it is a thing in my life that I have to constantly work on. To stop and listen. And to really listen to what people are saying. So this whole story and perspective thing challenges me. To start listening to people. To realize that I am not that important. And to listen to people's stories.
     [Not only do I need to lsiten to other people more- but I need to listen to God more. I'm pretty sure I read a quote once from Mother Theresa saying that Prayer starts with listening. How true is that.. and how thwarted is my view of prayer that I just come and complain and don't even do a bit of listening.]
     So- if you have a story- let's have coffee... let's talk it out.. let's discover new things about you. I'm ready to listen. :)

Peace and love.


Proverbs 4:20- My son, pay attention to what I say; listen  closely to my words.

No comments: