“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Friday, April 30, 2010

Recipe for Happiness.

One of my favorite things is a very simple thing. But it brings so much joy to me. It consists of four steps. This is the recipe to happiness:
1. Get in car. 
2. Roll down windows. 
3. Turn on music...  
4. Drive. 


This has brought me so much joy. One of the reasons because you just can't seem to hear yourself sing when you're driving, so you save yourself an earache or headache. And, you get to experience God's beauty. I think one day I'm gonna get me a convertible. Or maybe I'll just borrow one. So all day I can drive and worship. During this time- I have made a new rule for myself. And that is: No secular music in the morning. I know that sounds extreme or maybe even crazy. But on my drive to work, or to babysit, or to run errands I find that it is essential to my day to meet with the creator first. 


I always thought that when people said to delete your secular music that they were crazy. But the saying, "What you surround yourself with you become." Yep.. it's true. So my goal is to surround myself with as much good, holiness, pureness, love, joy, you know all of that good stuff and more. I want to be the best Brennen there is. Call me extreme. Call me radical. That's okay, I can deal with that. Let me let you in on a secret- I sometimes fail. Sometimes I wake up and I would rather listen to Matt Hires, or Miley Cyrus first. :) Oops. 


Anyways- the reason I decided to write this blog today- I have been listening to this song- "Lead Me to the Cross" and it absolutely amazes me. I love the truth in it. And that is what I want the Lord to do with me.. I want him to lead me to the cross. Here are a few lyrics:


Savior I come
Quiet my soul remember
Redemptions hill
Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost

Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Lead me, lead me to the cross





I think my recipe to happiness this morning taught me something today. Success.

No comments: