“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Providing Daddy.

     One of my favorite things to do is to play cards. Most favorite game is Nertz. A fast paced game of a mix of solitare and suites.... super fun. (If you wanna play- we'll let ya!) And it is best when played with the Kees brothers, my twin, and my mother. We play every few weeks, but I play Nertz on an app on my iPhone. With playing this I have noticed something. Most of the time you notice that you need a card, and that one card will give you a huge play. (Example you need a 6 of hearts to come up in your deck of "flipping cards" since you have a 7 of hearts and 8 of hearts in your 4 playing cards. Then you would get 3 cards out in the community area where everyone plays. )
     So that one card will open up so many opportunities for you and possibly let you get Nertz. When this happens I always hesitate to keep moving in case someone else puts the card out there and I miss it, or whatever. What I have noticed though.... is that sometimes the card you need or a card that might be better is coming up in your hand.... it's on it's way, you just have to keep moving the cards and keep moving forward.

     I hope you are seeing the parallel in your life. Sometimes we want something so bad that is already in our hand. It's right there. It's just coming up. You have to keep moving, keep pressing, and it'll come up. Instead of waiting for someone else to hand it to you, or just standing still scared to move. You have to keep pursuing being intentional in everything that you do. Making progress with every part of your life. And sometimes while we are moving forward someone puts "it" into play. And onward you go. Bam, bam, bam. Life is moving quickly. Just like in life how God will put things in our past that will score us our next "big run". Or He will give us something that will set us up for a big success.

     So many times, I want to get something new instead of getting creative and using what I have and what is right in front of me. But in all reality, God already has "it" coming up.
     Prime example: I've been praying/looking for a desk for my iMac..... the day my iMac came in (which the iMac was also an answered prayer... I did not have enough money for it, but God provided), God provided me with a desk..... for free. Not only that.... but a free meal to go along with it. And I forgot the desk lamp and chair. God is good. He provides.


     It's all in His plan, beloved. He's got it all under control. Live out your life with God first and you are the apple of His eye. He takes care of His children. He sees your needs. He sees your wants. He desires to fill both. He is a gooood, goooood daddy.

2 comments:

Adam Kees said...

Love the Nertz message!!! And that is the apple of YOUR eye now blahahahaha boop

Brennen Gaddis said...

yous so funny.