“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Friday, February 3, 2012

In 10 Years

     I completed an assignment today for my Interactive Portfolio class that required me to make a list of some goals that I have personally and for my career. As I began to type out my heart for the next 10 years of my life, I realized that everything I wrote for both "sections" was centered around Jesus and Family. I didn't realize that I had those two themes throughout each goal I wrote out.
     "In 10 years I would like to have started a family with one hunk of a Godly man." is an exact quote from my assignment. I went on to explain my goals of writing books, raising a generation of passionate, world-changing people, consistently following God's voice wherever He leads my husband and I.
     Granted, in 10 years, I will be 31 and their is a possibility that I will not have these things. And I'm okay with that. But I do realize that Family and Jesus is what has kept me growing and changing over the last 21 years of my life and I plan on keeping it that way. I tried to refrain from making success my number one priority. I believe that when you follow God's design and plan you are successful. No matter what the bank account or social status says.
     My family is pretty much awesome. They surround and support me with love and prayer and a lot of laughter. There is never a dull moment and they keep life exciting. The way they make me want to be a better me without even saying a word is the most positive and challenging thing. They don't let me slack and they definitely don't let me wander from myself or the things I am rooted in for long. I am blessed and I am thankful.
     I only hope that 10 years from now, if I am blessed with a family to be raising the same type of family my parents have. One that loves, supports, honors, respects, and brings joy to other people. I hope that 10 years from now my knees are worn out from time praying and crying out to God for a revival and hunger amongst the generations below me. I pray that the books I write promote passion, purity, and love for our Abba Father.
      My Jesus continually wraps His arms around me and comforts me and whispers His secrets to me. He constantly forgives me when I fail him and continually draws me closer and closer to Him. He opens up doors and shuts doors for me. He leads and guides me. He romances me into an intimate relationship between Him and I. He loves me.

     Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Personal Life? Career? Think about it, begin to write it out. Define what it's centered around and double check your motives. Writing out my goals today was strategic and needed. We have to know where we are headed to gain ground. Be intentional.

No comments: