“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Keep Up With God

     "Can you keep up with me!?" is the question God is impressing on my heart and the church in general. I'm not going to lie and say I came up with that question, I actually heard it from the documentary on Elevation Church but it resonated so strongly within my heart. The Lord keeps repeating it over and over to me. "Can you keep up with me!? I can do immeasurably more than you can think or imagine, Brennen. Trust me! I'm capable. Keep up!"
     It's a confirmation that we care called to Heaven's standards and not our own. We are so silly to think that our puny goals are pleasing to God. We are underestimating His power and capability when we limit Him to a "healthy number", average "miracle", or minute progress. God doesn't just want to see someone with a seed planted in their hearts..... He wants to bring them out of darkness, set them free, and empower them to live a life of abundance and impacting the Kingdom. God doesn't just want to see 5 people come to know Him, He wants EVERY person on this Earth to know His name and live a life empowered by Christ. He wants to surpass our "goals" and do so much more. He wants the willing!
     God has made us more than mere conquerors according to His word and we walk around defeated, operating in fear, scared of rejection, and afraid of not being eloquent enough. He has already won the battle. It isn't mine to fight. It's my responsibility to be the hands and feet and spread the news of what the Lord has done in my heart. It's my responsibility to operate in faith and step out into what He is calling me to. He is capable to change the world through us.
     Last week I was praying for a certain situation and asking the Lord's guidance. Not even a week later, He did immeasurably more than I could ever have imagined. He surpassed my plan of action, messed up my agenda, and took it so much farther than I ever thought imaginable. I'm thankful for that. I realized- I'm not God. I can't "make" things happen. He is God, He will use me and equip me to share and advance the Kingdom but ultimately He is God. I am His vessel. It's humbling, overwhelming, peaceful, and overall just wonderful.

     The battle is won. His freedom awaits us. I'm thankful.

No comments: