“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Know Him.

     Today, I want to hear the audible voice of God. Honestly, yesterday I was content with just the "knowing" that He knew all and had it under control. Today, I'm still content- but I want to hear His voice. I want to sit in a cozy living room with Him and listen to everything He has to say with me. I want to hear His heart for my life. I don't have to hear the outcome- but I'd love to hear the next step.
     This just occured to me at around 2 this afternoon. Funny how this morning I posted something that Steven Furtick said in Elevation Church's current sermon.

"God wants you to know Him more than He wants you to know the outcome of your story. "

     This morning that quote seemed so simple. Now that my brain has fully kicked in and I'm praying and thinking about options that I have in this critical time of my life. But, Jesus cares more about me knowing Him than knowing what He has for me next. I also firmly believe that the next chapter in my life will be revealed to me as I am spending time getting to know Him. 

     Heres my thought for today. Sit back.... listen to Him.... spend time with Him... even as your so busy- turn on a sermon, your audible Bible, your worship music, whatever it is to surround yourself with Him and get to know Him. Trust Him. He really does have it all under control. He's guiding you and protecting you as you surrender yourself to Him. 

     I just may get to hear the audible voice of God. Or, he may speak to me in an entirely different way. Whatever way He chooses, I'm here. Listening. Waiting. And getting to know Him. 

No comments: