“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A day in the life..

So the DTS has now begun, we have started our classes and activities that will continue throughout the DTS. We start every morning out with breakfast at 7, individual devotions from 7:30 to 8:30, Worship or Intercession time, Class, lunch, ministry prep, work duties, supper, free time then lights out.. except on Wednesday nights we have base worship in the evenings.. We have more freedom than I thought we would, we are required to be at all classes and all of that but during free time we can leave the base (in pairs) to go shopping, do laundry, or whatever! 
I have enjoyed our class this week, the topic is Hearing God and Kenneth from Costa Rica is our teacher. (He reminds me of Mr. Phillip from Gulf Shores!) The main things that have stuck out to me these past 2 classes is that God WANTS to speak to us even in the midst of our sin, he also loves us and claims us. And it blows my mind that he will claim us (Exodus 16) even though we are so messed up and so stuck in our nasty sin but yet sometimes we find it difficult or embarassing to claim that Jesus is our Lord.. and He is perfect. It blows me away. 
The Lord has spoken to me several times already since I have been here. Today during our intercession time I saw a picture of my sin on the cross, then the cross falling and burning the sin off... and I heard the gentle whisper from the Lord saying, "Daughter, you are loved and forgiven." What was crazy was that before we started praying the cross that was in the room, which was a very large one was standing against the wall, but during our intercession time someone had laid it on the ground.. so when I was sharing with our group I pointed to it and realized that the cross was on the ground. How awesome is that? To hear the voice of the Lord then for him to confirm it in his own unique and personal way for me. I am so blessed to have heard his voice. I think it was time for me to be still and start listening. 
I am praying for all of you and that each of you will begin to listen for the voice of God.. he wants us to know him and to listen and engage in conversation with him. 
Anyways, that is all I have time to share for now, but on a lighter note I thought I would share a funny "rule" we have around the base.... If it's yellow, let it mellow; if it's brown, flush it down. Hahaha.. Makes me laugh everytime. :) Adios friends and familia. 

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

I'm so excited for you! This morning I woke up early and went for a walk from 6-7 and I prayed that God would show you how He sees the sin in your life, and in my life! I'm confident that He answered that prayer today! Your blog is such an encouragement! Know that people are always praying for you, Brennen! I read this last night, and thought of you for some reason: 2 Timothy 2:4-6 No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him. An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules. It is the hard-working farmer who ought to have the first share of the crops. Work hard! :)

Unknown said...

GREAT! I love to read about your experiences at DTS. What is next week's teaching? What is your work duty? Have you met any ppl you think you could become great friends with?

I'm thinking of you and praying for you. Keep me updated! Have y'all talked about "coke dates" yet?!
:)

Robin said...

Brennen,
i praise our Lord for speaking to you. You cannot imagine what it does to your momma's heart to read your words. I am praying God will continue to speak and do amazing things in your life. Thank you for sharing your heart I love you and miss you bunches..... momma

Brennen Gaddis said...

Rosemary, that is awesome :) Thank you so much for praying for me... Kailey- I do not know what next week's teaching is.. haha and my work duty for 2 weeks is cleaning up after lunch and dinner... it gives me a nice break in the afternoons so I like that... and Yes everyone in my group is awesome- for sure! And no have not heard about "coke dates" yet? What's that!? :) :) Mom- I love you!