“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Back to Brennen.

Today.... today, I feel like writing. I am overjoyed by the Holy Spirit. All day- I have just felt full. Not like- I ate to much full... but I have felt full of life and love. And I feel like me again. After coming home from Panama I went through a dry dessert period in my life. And now- I feel like me again. I am ready to give back again. How selfish of me to not want to give back in that dessert period. I am ashamed. But oh the joy of being ready and able now. I keep praying for God to open up doors for me to serve anywhere that He has planned. I miss those faces in Panama- the smiling ones. I miss holding hands with the children and singing silly Spanish songs. I miss their laughter. And I miss their love.

     Today, I was reading my daily devotional, Daily Secrets of the Christian Life by Hannah Whitall Smith and it hit right on with what I have been praying about. It says, "...if we really want to have the attitude that was in Christ Jesus, we must be willing to be made of no reputation and must take not the place of mastery, but the place of service." How true is that? And why don't I adhere to that? That is my desire- to be completely, happily in the place of service.

     To be consumed by the love of Jesus. I love when you're praying for something- and then it happens and then BAM! God bumps like crazy, that warm feeling you get. Yep. That happened today, and it made me smile and get tounge tied at the same time. Thank you Jesus :)

No comments: