“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Truth.

Yep. The Truth. Want to know the truth about Brennen Gaddis? I absolutely am so excited about one day getting married. Might I remind you that I do not have a boyfriend, or even the prospect of a boyfriend. But the truth of the matter is... I can't wait to get married. I dream of the day when I am a wife and later on down the road when I am a mother. Those 2 things are the things I answer when someone asks me, "What do you want to do with your life" I tell them the truth.. "I want to be the best wife and mother possible." Many laugh at me and say "Oh Brennen." Some tell me to never put that much trust in a man where I would consider not getting a degree so I could be a mom. Some ask the question again because they don't take me seriously. But wanna know the truth? Doesn't matter what you say- God has planted this desire in me since I was born- to care and love for other people. And God willing that means a husband and children as well. Anyways... this brings me to my point....

For years I have been praying for my future husband, and writing down qualities that I look for in a husband. The other day it kind of hit me that I need to step it up. I had to ask myself a question- "Would the kind of man you want to marry.. would he want to marry the kind of person you are?" I mean- that makes you take a few steps back. There I am asking for this perfect "Brennenized" man (that IS out there) but geez, that man probably wouldn't appreciate some of my habits, jokes, language, behavior, lack of ladylikeness, etc... I mean I know I'm not perfect and I also know that my husband won't be perfect. But I think it's time I start preparing myself for him. Start working on being a wife of noble character to be my husband's crown (Proverbs 12:4) To be a Proverbs 31 woman. A woman worth more than rubies.

Oh Lord, grant me the patience to wait for the husband you have picked out for me, and in the waiting process nurture me into the woman you have designed me to be. Reveal to me my flaws and give me the determination to change them and to one day be a wife of noble character. And Lord, be with my future husband- wherever he is right now, be with him and guide him. Love you Lord. 




This post came from a status that Rianna posted.... "You can not just simply have me. you must seek me. pursue me. I won't let you in unless I know you love me." -Captivating



No comments: