“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Friday, October 1, 2010

Dreams. Guest blogger: Stephanie Wright

Today, after reading one of my dear friend's blog I decided that what she had to say was better than what I had to say! So sit back and check out what my friend Stephanie Wright has to say on dreams. Stephanie is a local hair stylist, works as a personal assistant to Pastor Jeff with Promiseland Church, and she gets many calls from me on my dreams that I have. She walks you through your dreams and basically and biblically guides you in understanding your dreams better. Check out more of her blog posts on Shout Out Cafe.

Dreams
The  world defines a dream as an idea or image present in the mind but having no concrete or objective to reality.  An illusory or fantastic plan of hope, or to desire something urgently. But we know that God reveals to us in His word that He speaks to us through dreams. Therefore when in His promises, through prayer, we can actually be encouraged, guided and warned in our dreams.
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: and on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: Acts 2:17-18
I have found that most of the time a dream is absent from reality but portrays it.  A dream can symbolize a great plan yet to unfold, or an encouraging word for our brothers. Even more so than not, a dream could pose as a  warning to the intercessor as the plan of the enemy is revealed.
Why would God show us these things? Because prayer really does change things. Yes, our Lord and Savior knows the outcome before we do, but He still allows free will in our lives. Now it’s up to us on what to do with the information He gives us.
It seems that the church world today has dismissed this wonderful gift God so freely gave to His people. Dreams and visions are spoke of hundreds of times in the Bible.  Jesus Christ said greater things shall we do. So why then would it not be correct for us to receive more revelation than even that of the wonderful saints before? Greater things shall WE do!
So the next time God speaks to you as you rest, then take some time to think about what it is He is telling you. Many answers we search for in life comes to us in the middle of the night when we least expect it. Why is that? Could it be that it’s the only time God can speak without us interrupting?
REVELATION – INTERPRETATION – APPLICATION
Activate the gifts God has given and encourages the body of Christ to use today!
In most cases dreams are symbolic, while visions are literal.
A dream is like a snapshot which captures one brief moment out of a lifetime. It can not be understood fully without knowing something about the life of the person it concerns. Therefore it is not enough to know the meaning of symbols alone. Although without an understanding of symbols, we are greatly limited in our ability to navigate through for interpretation or even application if the dream are concerning ourselves.
There is a difference between a dream and a vision, a vision requires little or no interpretation. In addition to the actual vision seen, a vision can be accompanied by an audible voice that gives the primary meaning.
…and a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us. And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavored to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them. Acts 16:9-10.
How do I start understanding my dreams?
It is a great idea to keep a notebook, or dream journal by your bed. Many times we are awakened in the night by an extraordinary dream only to forget it by morning. This can be frustrating. Jot down the key points of your dream on paper to help with your revelation and application at a later time. Things to notice about your dreams to write down are the setting, the people, names, colors, and emotions. I have found that the more I pay attention, the more God speaks to me in my dreams. I begin to notice patterns, what certain objects represent to me, and what the Bible says about some of the things God is revealing.
Dreams are an extraordinary gift from God.
I can help you understand what is being spoke to you as you sleep.
Please feel free to post your dreams or message me for insight.

No comments: