“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Friday, September 17, 2010

Birthday Post!

     I woke up this morning so excited. Why? Because there is nothing better than having a day that is all about me! :) Just being honest. And then my thoughts went to my day- which meant that a smoothie was on my mind. I persuaded mom to take me to get a smoothie.... with her money! :) I love getting paid for, sounds pretty gold diggerish huh? But when you pay for your own stuff, it's always nice to have mom pay for something every now and then. So on my birthday, I get free smoothies from momma! After logging onto facebook and being overwhelmed by the birthday love I thought about you all. My blogging buddies. And I immediately wanted to post a birthday post. :) 
     As I was reading this morning- I got so excited when I came across this scripture:


Job 33:4 The Spirit of God has made me; 

the breath of the Almighty gives me life. 

     He chose to make me! He knit me together in my mothers womb. And He is enthralled by my beauty! (Ps. 46:10) I love how beautiful and special the Lord makes me feel. The confidence He has given me. I am so, so, so thankful for that. 
     So blogging friends, you are now reading a woman's blog. I am no longer a teen, but a confident 20 year old that can't wait to see what God brings this year. I know it will only be good things. 
     So I thought I would share 19 life lessons from my 19th year in life:
1. You must love God before everything else. Everything. It works best that way.
2. Complete obedience is so key in your walk with Christ.
3. Never take bacon for granted. Or mashed potatoes. 
     A year ago today [in Panama] my favorite present was mashed potatoes! 
4. Just because you go over seas and do missions does not make you a superstar. It's about how you live when your at home.
5. The Holy Spirit and the gifts are for today. And when you work in them get ready! 
6. Love people. No matter where they are in life. Just love them. 
7. Never take for granted family. 
8. You really can be too cool for school. ;) 
9. God places you in divine places for a reason. You never know who you are going to impact.
10. Never go a day without smiling, laughing, or giving someone a hug. 
11. My life is not my life. It is a life I have been extremely blessed to have, and it must be lived for Jesus and His glory.
12. The devil ain't got no thing on me. I'm taking back my authority.
13. Constant motion is a necessity. 
14. God speaks through my dreams at night. 
15. Butterflies = transformed life. 
16. Bangles and big ear rings make you look put together. 
17. Caramel is the best compliment to coffee. 
18. There is no better feeling than being exactly where God wants you to be. 
19. It is a choice to love life even if it sucks sometimes. 

 So- happy birthday to me! 
Happy birthday to my beautiful twin sister! 
Me- Age 20! Look different!?


And on a side note:
Yesterday I posted on "more" and desires. And last night Pastor Jeff Phillips said something that went right along with it- "Can your character stand up with your desires?" Smack! Right in the face. Think about it!

No comments: