“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

waiting......

     Timing is everything. That is my lesson that I am learning. Timing. It is also probably the hardest lesson I have learned. And I'm not even done with it. (great!) Just so you know this post links back to this post. I am still waiting for my gifts. 2, almost 3 weeks later. The good thing? One of em came in! My blow dryer! Yay, yay, yay! But there are still others that have yet to be released. The ones from the Lord. And tonight I had a lady speak into me about it.
     She said, "It's all in preparation."
     Man, if I get only get that word drilled into my head. Preparation. Life is a constant state of preparation. One preparation leads to another preparation. So my guess is, I better get this lesson learned and do it quickly. Because- I will deal with it again. 
     I am such an extreme person, all or nothing, do it and do it now, move from this to that. I can go from different things quickly. Which, can be good. And it can also be bad. Such as, when I am instructed from the Lord to wait. So wait I will. 
     The word "wait" is in the bible over 100 times. Think it was important? Psalm 27:14 says it best:

 14 Wait for the LORD; 
       be strong and take heart 
       and wait for the LORD.

     There is beauty in the waiting. It's a time of leaning on the Lord. That is simply all I can do at this point. Is wait for Him. And in that waiting lies the preparation. He is preparing you for "such a time as this". He is preparing you to be where You are! God has big plans and He wants to use you where you are. He is preparing you. In the midst of preparation you can still act. You can still love, share, praise, and honor Him and others. 
     Waiting is not an excuse to kick back and relax and ride easy. Not at all. Waiting is a call to be on your knees in prayer and fasting. It is a call to kick the enemy in his face and tell him to go back where he belongs. It is a call to worship God even in the midst of waiting. It is a call to stand tall and firm in your walk with Him. Waiting really is a beautiful thing; especially if you do it God's way. The way that you choose to wait will make the outcome that much sweeter. 

Wait. Patiently. Fervently. Passionately. 
Prepare. Expect. Believe. Walk it out. 
Beauty. 


-B 

No comments: