“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Old Shoes. Firm Foundation.

     Okay, I am a little ashamed of myself. One, for actually posting a blog about this. Two, for it being a blog. And three, because I should be ashamed. This morning I got ready for work and needed a pair of flats. Why flats? Because not all 10 toesies are painted in the fabulous "flip flop fantasy" color that I adore. As you can tell by the picture below- I'm wearing a gray shirt. Cute shirt, huh? Props to my Aunt J.C.- fabulous gift giver. I have a few pairs of black flats- two of them have gold- so those were not an option, and the other ones hurt my feet. So out with those. (Comfort is more important than looks. Just saying.) I found some flats from when I was 15. That is 5 years ago! This is when I get ashamed. Because, I almost didn't wear them because they were 5 years old. And how could they be in style? Even though I thought they looked cute. (I'm sure I've lost some of my guy readers by now.)
     Even though they were 5 years old, I wore them. Proudly. Of course after I gave myself a pep talk that some things are still cute 5 years later. I wore them around the house, went to Hucks to get some water, and they held up for the few blocks I had to walk to get to work. And then, when I have 5 customers in the shop- what happens? The bottoms get loose. Check out the photo:

     How pitiful! My poor shoes- falling apart! One shoe has half of the sole off. The other is just plain flimsy. I can't count on it staying on there for much longer. The point of me writing about the soles of my shoe is more than just getting some sympathy and possibly a free pair of shoes to match my grey and silver clothes. (Size 7.5) ;) This totally relates to our walk with the Lord. 

     We have to have strong soles. Not souls. But soles. A firm foundation, so to speak. We have to have a strong foundation in what we believe. Check out what the Bible says:

For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 3:11


     Our Savior must be our foundation. All other foundations will fall, tear, rip apart, loose their glue, crumble or be crushed. Christ Jesus is the only One who can withstand everything. The lyrics to this song sum it up much better than I could. Take some time. Check it out. Let the words speak to you like they speak to me. 






No comments: